Reengagement + Covid-19 Protocol
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
We are so excited to worship in-person (IP). As we continue our worship experience, the Mount Zion Baptist Church continues to work to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 while keeping our members, staff, and community safe amid the current public health crisis that has affected the world. We are the church of the living God, and we believe wholeheartedly in the content of the Bible. In that same fashion, the foundation of our return is based on faith and supported by science released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local public health experts that are helping us to operate with caution and care for our beloved church community.
The current protocol for attending service at Mount Zion Baptist Church incorporates three main components.
Education is the first component of the Mount Zion “3E” Church Reengagement Strategy. As such, we are continuing to monitor the science and stay abreast of the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic in our region, as well as around the world so that we can share strategic information as it becomes available.
Through the second component “Equip” we are leveraging education and data to inform our decision-making, as well as to provide the strategy and practical resources for our approach.
Through intentional “Engagement” we are working to galvanize the congregation around important issues and protocol. Our goal is to develop and implement custom solutions for Mount Zion that are aligned with who we are as a ministry, as well as in service to the specific needs of our members and guests.
Currently, Mount Zion Baptist Church members, staff and guests have the option to wear masks inside all church facilities. This is ongoing, based on current conditions within our region and around the world. We appreciate everyone adhering to the policy set in place as we continue to monitor the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All times are listed in C.S.T. (Central Standard Time)
In-Person Sunday Worship Schedule (until further notice)
- 7:00 am – Brentwood Blvd location (1724-B General George Patton Dr, Brentwood, TN 37027)
- 8:15 am – Jefferson Street location (1112 Jefferson Street, Nashville, TN 37208)
- 9:30 am – Antioch location (2261 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN 37217)
- 11:15 am* – Old Hickory Boulevard location (7594 Old Hickory Blvd., Whites Creek, TN 37189)
*Indicates Livestream Service
Virtual and Live Stream Services
- Sundays at 11:15 am
- Mount Zion Facebook or YouTube
- Student Ministry Bible Study Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
- Student Ministry Worship Sundays at 9:00 am
In-Person Worship COVID-19 Mitigation
- A facemask is optional inside any Mount Zion facility for everyone over the age of two.
- Social distancing measures are encouraged to provide spacing between parties for those who select the in-person worship experience.
- Hand hygiene stations will be available throughout each Mount Zion facility.
- Each Mount Zion facility will be professionally cleaned and sanitized following each in-person worship experience.
- Vulnerable populations such as those who are immunocompromised, have not yet received the COVID-19 vaccination as well as children under the age of 12, are advised to continue to engage in the virtual worship experience which will be available each Sunday at 11AM and each Wednesday at 12 Noon and 7PM.
- Mount Zion Student Ministry (i.e. nursery, elementary, middle and high school age) are available in-person.
- Bible study will remain in the virtual space until further notice.
Additional COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
- Each Mount Zion staff member along with contactors and vendors that support the ministry are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Outside of funerals and weddings, all supplemental ministry events and programs will remain in the virtual space until further notice.
- Does Mt. Zion have a mask mandate?
- Masks are optional.
- If I arrive to any location for worship service and I do not have a mask, will one be provided to me?
- Yes, a member of our team will be able to serve you upon entering any of our facilities for worship if you prefer to wear a mask. For your convenience, masks are located near each entrance along with hand sanitizing stations.
- Are guests expected to wear a mask?
- No, any individual over the age of 2 that enters the building has the option to wear a mask.
- Will Mt. Zion allow guests at any of its facilities?
- Mt. Zion will allow guests to enter our building for all in-person (IP) worship services, funerals, meetings, and approved events being hosted by the Mt. Zion Baptist Church.
- If you desire to be a part of our ministry, please contact our team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text SALVATION to 63975.
FUNERALS AND WEDDINGS:
For funerals, the mask optional protocol will be administered unless the family of the deceased desires masks be worn at the services. For weddings, as this is categorized as a rental, the party/parties in contract with the church have the liberty to set their own protocols as it relates to weariing masks. If masks are preferred for funerals and/or weddings, the family or contracted parties would be responsible for providing them.
For funeral availability please call the church at 615-254-7296. For wedding availaibility and pricing please reach out to email@example.com for detailed information.
As an additional COVID-19 mitigation measure, we are encouraging contactless giving. Click here to learn more or text Tithes or Offering + Dollar Amount to 267-689-7333.
If you have any additional questions about your upcoming visit to Mt. Zion, please contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 254-7296.
V/IP: both virtual and in-person