The Vision Team is responsible for creating and implementing strategic vision that ultimately transforms lives! If you’re looking for a “job”, this isn’t the place for you but if you’re ready to work in “purpose” we’re looking for YOU!
Mount Zion Baptist Church is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist to bring into our organization. We are a large scale non-profit organization that is growing and looking for hard working and dedicated people to join our team. We take pride in our team and love to help them further their education and development while employed with us!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of working in and keeping information confidential
- Review, match, and verify invoices to Purchase Orders
- Enter and post invoices to Accounts Payable/General Ledger
- Monitor accounts to ensure that vendors are paid according to payment terms
- Monitor discount opportunities
- Process checks and mail or deliver payments to vendors on a weekly basis
- Research and resolve discrepancies for Purchase Orders, Contracts, Invoices, or Payments
- Post transactions to the General Ledger
- Maintain vendor files and historical records by filing documentation
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Produce weekly and monthly reports
- Assist with Month End Closing
- Provide supporting documentation for annual audit
- Assist Accounting Manager and CFO with daily accounting activities
- Track expenses and process expense reports
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Accounting
- 1 – 3 years of experience as a Accounts Payable or General Ledger Clerk/Accountant
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Proficient in data entry
- High Integrity
- Good organizing and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good judgement skills
- Good communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
We are seeking a Human Resource Generalist / HR Manager to join our team! You will perform activities in human resources from recruiting new hires to retaining existing hires.
The Human Resource Generalist / HR Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, managing, negotiating, and analyzing employee benefits, and enforcing company policies and practices. The selected individual will work alongside of existing Human Resource personnel recruiting and assuring the employee needs are met and that we are building the best team to serve the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws, industry trends, regulations, best practices, and makes recommendations as needed in order to maintain compliance. Ensure Mount Zions compliance of all benefit plans including all areas of, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, etc
- Maintains and manages updates of Human Resource employee handbook manual and standard operations manual
- Implement company culture, values and policies
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Screen, recruit, and interview potential employees
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Implements effective and improved employee performance reviews, process, and procedures
- Implements and manages a complete automated human resource system regarding employee application processing, recruitment, background check processing, onboarding, orientation, etc
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Provide management with requested reports and documents
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Coordinate events focused on employee recognitions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or another relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or Compliance preferred; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred
- At least one year of employee automation system management experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and human resources policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Local compliance requirements
- Strong ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills is a must
- Strong attention to detail required
- Creative, outgoing, energetic person with a demonstrable track record of exceeding goals
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven knowledge of MS Office products